It’s easy to get caught up in all of the technology we have around us. From cell phones to tablets to computers to TVs, we are constantly connected. There are some very real benefits to taking some time to unplug. Here are 5 benefits to disconnecting this summer:
Share this Image On Your Site
- Having more time: Unplugging for a few hours each day gives you more time to go for a hike, hit the pool or pick up a hobby you’ve been interested in.
- Being alone: We have so little time for ourselves these days. Taking some time off of technology can give you that time back! Meditate, go for a walk or sit outside with a cup of coffee and enjoy the quiet.
- Enjoying the present: Life is what is going on around us when we aren’t taking pictures for social media, texting or checking emails. Taking time to enjoy an outing or afternoon with your family or friends helps you build memories and more thoroughly enjoy the time you spend with them.
- Having less body pain: Playing on your phone or computer tends to cause you to hunch over in an uncomfortable position for your back and shoulders. Over time, this can cause muscle tension and pain in your back. Cutting that time back can help reduce and prevent back pain.
- Improving sleep: Being on the phone before bed can disrupt your ability to fall asleep peacefully and quickly. If you can unplug for at least an hour or two before bed, it’ll help you get a much better night’s sleep!