Let’s face it: Mornings can be tough, especially when you aren’t prepared for the day. Here are 8 things you can do in the morning for your most productive day yet.
Share this Image On Your Site
- Drink a glass of water. Drinking water first thing in the morning helps you rehydrate and gives your metabolism a jumpstart. Have a glass with lemon before your morning coffee.
- Eat a breakfast rich in protein. Protein helps you feel full and gives you the energy to last until lunch.
- Make your bed. Making your bed helps your room look clean, and gives you a feeling of accomplishment before you even start your day. Plus, who doesn’t like coming home to a neat bed after a long day?
- Do something active. Get your body moving with a few stretches and a brisk walk around the block to start the day with more energy and focus.
- Review your calendar. Take a minute or two to check over your calendar and to-do list in order to plan your day. Knowing what to expect and having a plan to tackle it can make your day run smoother.
- Wake up early. Give yourself ample time to wake up, get ready and leave without feeling rushed to take care of everything at once.
- Avoid technology. Leave your phone in the other room and don’t check your email until noon. This helps you avoid being distracted by tasks that aren’t a priority.
- Take time for you. Whatever that means for you—meditate, drink your coffee outdoors, read a chapter from a book—do something that will excite and refresh you.