Have you gained a few pounds back? Or are you unsure of how to maintain your weight loss? Don’t panic! Take a few minutes to revisit your weight loss success. What techniques were used to get you to your target weight? What motivators pushed you? Follow these 7 simple tips to reassess your weight loss success and stay within your target zone!
1. What is your set point?
Motivation is a key to maintaining your weight loss. Whether it is the way you look in your skinny jeans or the compliments you receive from your friends and family, motivation can come in many ways. Below are a few examples of motivators you might find helpful.
- Body Image
- Clothing Size
- Vacations/Social Gatherings/Events
3. Food Journaling
Food Journaling is an important tool used from the start of weight loss and all throughout the maintenance process in order to help you maintain your new healthy body weight.
Food Journaling is a great way to:
- Keep you on track!
- Show you what you eat on a daily basis
- Increase your awareness of what, how much, and why you are eating
- Regulate meal timing
- Help cut mindless munching or snacking temptations
- Help identify areas where you can make changes
- Reveal trigger foods to avoid and patterns of overeating
4. Monitor your Activity Level
Exercise is another piece of the maintenance puzzle.
5. Prepare and Plan Meals ahead of time
6. Watch out for old Habits
Don’t allow old unhealthy habits to return into your daily routine.
7. YOYO Effect
Reassess your eating habits, exercise habits, and lifestyle choice
- Are you eating a well-balanced diet?
- Review your food journal
- What is your activity level?
- Has your stress level changed?
- What is your sleep schedule?
Remember, don’t panic! Although the weight you have gained may seem overwhelming, it’s ok. Utilize your weight loss counselor at Medifast California to help you get back quickly to your weight loss goal.