It’s that time of year again! Time to start the next year and thinking about the changes we want to make in our lives. Unfortunately, many people start with good intentions but tend to lose their motivation as time goes on. Here are 5 tips for sticking with those New Year’s Resolutions.
Share this Image On Your Site
- Start small: Rather than setting a large goal such as never eating sweets ever again, focus on a small change. Starting with small changes, for example, choosing whole grain bread over white bread, makes it more likely that you will be successful.
- Change one behavior at a time: You don’t have to change everything all at once. In order to be more successful, start with one new habit or behavior until that becomes second nature, then start working on the next.
- Talk about it and ask for support: It’s been shown that being public about your goals and asking your family and friends for support increases the chance of success. You can do this by announcing it on social media, talking to your friends and family, or finding an accountability partner.
- Be gentle with yourself: There may come a point where you make a mistake or don’t stick with your resolution. Instead of beating yourself up about it, recognize it for the error that it was and get back on track.
- Reward your achievements: Establish rewards for your accomplishments, both big and small. Those rewards keep you on track and excited to get to the next milestone.