HostGator is a Houston-based website hosting company that hosts over 8 million domains currently. It was founded in the year 2002 and has grown to be one of the biggest web hosting companies in the world. They offer job opportunities more than 850 employees and they can serve businesses of all sizes. HostGator offers a variety of services to its clients ranging from shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers to even WordPress hosting plans.
Hostgator Review – Is It Still Any Good in March 2020?
HostGator has proved to the worldwide web that for any business to succeed it must offer quality products and services to its clients. To ensure that HostGator has strategized on:
1. Offering a flexible billing method whereby clients are required to choose the method that suits them which are either monthly or yearly billing periods. They even extend to offer discounts for longer billing periods which attract more clients.
2. HostGator guarantees its client a generous payback whereby they offer up to 45 days payback guarantee which is not the case with other competing companies.
3. Clients of HostGator are allowed to shift from one host to another at a cost-free transaction which most clients find it favorable.
4. Reliability is a key issue when it comes to web hosting and that’s a key thing that HostGator has ensured to ensure that its client enjoys the use of their service.
Like any other business or company, HostGator has cons that affect the quality of services offered to its customers. These problems are:
1. Lots of extra fees for Backups, Gmail and Malware. Hostgator offers a favorable billing plan but all these extra stuff like backups and SEO tools are an extra fee to the clients.
2. Slow page speed is a problem associated with web hosting and it is the same case with HostGator. HostGator has consistently slow servers and their average page loading time over the last 24 months has been 1191ms.
3. HostGator does not offer free domains. Unlike other hosting companies, after registration, there is no free domain that is offered to a client by HostGator.
HostGator performance is one of the incredible features that could make a client choose it from other web hosting companies. A poorly performing website would cost a client more money and even stress up him or her while a faster and reliable one is good for the users and helps you to improve your SEO rankings.
HostGator server response Time is considerably fast. This indicates that your site will load quickly when using HostGator as your web host. A current test has shown that response time remained less than a second. In the United States, it was 37 ms.
HostGator provides various hosting plans to its clients which are of high quality. These various plans are suitable for different budget plans and hosting requirements. These plans include:
1. Cloud hosting: This plan utilizes multiple servers and this makes it suitable if your website gets frequent traffic spikes
2. WordPress hosting: This is a shared hosting plan that is optimized for WordPress.
3. Virtual Private Server: This plan allows you to manage your virtual resources on a cloud hosting platform.
4. Shared Server: In this plan, your website shares resources with other websites hosted on that same server.
HostGator shared hosting plans come in three different levels but their main difference is the number of websites you can host. These levels are:
1. Hatchling: This plan allows you to host only one website.
2. Baby: In this level, you are allowed to host unlimited websites and include all features of a hatchling plan.
3. Business: This is a plan that is suitable for small businesses. It includes a free SSL certificate and free dedicated IP which you will need to create an eCommerce website.
Support and customer service is considerably offered by HostGator. HostGator offers both phone and live chat support which is done 24/7. Inside your hosting dashboard, you will find their support portal which helps you to find answers from knowledgebase articles and tutorials.
HostGator offers a variety of hosting plans that fits your budget and requirements as a client. Over 2 million customers have already trusted HostGator and this shows how reliable it is to its clients. Whether you are a seasoned, pro, or just starting with your first website, you’ll find every necessary tool to bring your website to the next level.